Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hermann Goering, Perpetrator in the Nazi but Victim in Nuremberg Trials!

1946,
            I was walking down a long narrow hallway surrounded by many police officers and many guards. I was handcuffed walking at a steady pace not looking at any one or anything beside me. I don’t know why they were treating me as a criminal, I am not a criminal as a madder of fact I am a hero. I was part of the Nazi political party, the political party who saved Germany from all their difficulties and now I am treated as if I had done a crime, all I was doing was getting rid of the cause of Germany’s problems and this is how Germany repays me? The guards opened the two doors, the cold air blew right past me, the smell of dry wood in the air sickened me, all eyes seemed glued to my direction, I glances around and spotted my father, Heirrich Ernst Goering dressed in a suit with an angry look on his face, sitting right next to him was my mother, Franziska Tiefenbrunn all teary eyed. I am sort of glad most of my 5 siblings did not come to the trials; I did not want them to see me like this, in this situation. The guards then escorted me to a table in front of four judges who just glaring at me. I sat their motionless as the judges asked questions and made statements. The judges began stating that I was in the army as a combat pilot in the air force and that I was born in Marienbad Sanatorium near Rosenheim, Bavaria on January 12, 1893, I just nodded confirming. The judges never lost power in their voice that reminded me of sitting down listening to one of Adolf Hitler’s speech the one that persuaded me into joining the Nazi political party before I knew it I was in the inner circle of the Nazi power in 1923. The judges continued stating that I was declared a war hero and that then Hitler appointed me to command the SA brown shirts in December of 1922, that made me remember how being listened too and being a leader felt really good but I know from this point on people instead of loving me is going to hate me just like the Jews did but then again the Jews opinion meant nothing to me and it still doesn’t now. Non of what the judges stated made me regret anything I have done in the past, If I had the same choices that I had back then I would do the exact same things the exact same way. When the Judges stated that I was the one who developed the Gestapo and the first couple concentration camps and gave it to Himmler in 1934, right then in their I was sentenced to execution, I felt my heart drop, I stood up and the guards escorted me into a jail cell.


October 15, 1946
            In two hours is my execution, all I have thought about all day was my past, all the good times I have had, the time when I worked as a pilot for the Fokker company, the time I spent with my many wives. I thought back to what had cause all this tragedy happening to me, being kicked out of the Nazi political party, being put on trial, and now my execution. All this because I mentioned a time when Hitler would become unable to continue on ruling the Nazi Political Party. After Hitler assigned me as the leader of the SA Brown Shirts I got so happy with the thought of being the most powerful person in a category it excited me too much till the point of getting out of control. I wanted Hitler to stop ruling so I could be the person holding all the power, but I guess my actions in the past has come back to haunt me. With that immature idea of mine I not only put my life in danger but my families, Hitler sent orders to his army to kill me, my wife, and my daughter. I have been thinking about what I should do next and I have come to a conclusion instead of letting doctors kill me with no way of defending my self I have decided to just commit suicide. One way or another I will die so let me be my own murderer, let me be the one deciding my future. Good-bye family, good-bye friends, good-bye journal, and good-bye world. 

Defendant Hermann Goering in the prisoners' dock at the International Military Tribunal.                      
                      Hermann Goering.

  
                                              
          Goering in the air force.
                                                                                                                         
 Hitler, Goering, and Frick honoring Hitler as
             chancellor during a parade.
View Historical Film Footage
                                       
          Goering during his trial.

      Goering in his prison cell.                                                              
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment