Friday, November 25, 2011

Just Another Nuremberg Trial

                                                                                                        May 28, 1945
Abel Blau

                   Today was one of the Nuremberg Trials, I was working as one of the many guards for the trial, my job was to escort the criminal to the courtroom and to the sell. I had to wear a uniform that was very uncomfortable, it was a navy green jacket with a white belt holding it tightly in the middle of my stomach close to my belly button. There were also matching navy green loose pants, a white helmet that tightly fitted my head, it was as hard as rock. My jacket was covered in badges that I had earned a long time ago. I didn’t like the uniform so much it was very uncomfortable  for something I would usually wear. At the beginning I had to wait out side for the criminal to arrive, it took a lifetime, I thought to myself when are criminals fashionably late? All they have to ware are clothes suited for court and comfortable enough to spend a long period of time locked up in a sell. Finally the criminal arrived, I was the one forced to put handcuffs on the criminals surprisingly clean hands. When I touched the mans hands I imagined once that mans hands killed innocent human beings, once his clean hands were dirty. I walked in front of him while we walked down the long, dark hallway leading to the courtroom. We escorted him to his seat and went to our assigned places; I was assigned the second door behind the judge’s seats and diagonal to the criminals seat. There were four doors in total and I got the perfect place with the perfect view of the criminal’s mixed emotional face. The trial began a little late I started to become in-patient standing stiff in the same position. I stared out into the stands with a blank look on my face bored out of my mind, the voices of the judges seemed monotone. It only got interesting when the criminal became nervous, I saw the sweet crawl down the side of his head and his forehead he looked sick to his stomach probably thinking about his execution. At one point the courtroom got completely quiet, we could almost hear the wood crack while the people moved agents it. My legs began to cramp but I forced my self to stand still, I couldn’t wait until the judges decided on what to do with the man so I could go home and lay on my comfortable bed and sleep, that was all I thought about the whole day my bed. Finally the judges decided not to execute the man but he had to spend the rest of his life in prison, better then being killed with no way to defend yourself. I walked toward the man and handcuffed his hands again. Many guards surrounded him including me, we escorted him to a filthy jail sell, all there was in the sell were a bed, and a toilet, and it smelt horrible. While he has to spend the rest of his like in that horrible jail sell I get to spend my life in as many houses as I want, I don’t feel bad for him because what he did was unforgivable, he got was he deserved because of the actions he took in the past.

                                
                                  Guards during the Criminal of War trial.

                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment